Friday, June 15, 2012
Internet Research on the 14th of June '12
On the 14th of June, I continued researching on the Internet about how to journal. I found out that a research journal is not a place to write down notes when researching however it can briefly summarize the research in the beginning of the entry. I also found out that in a research journal entry, these things should be included: (1) thoughts, ideas, impressions, feelings, comments towards the lesson learned, (2) summary of the lesson learned, (3) date, (4) time taken, (5) references (including keywords used, libraries visited, call number of books, etc.), (6) research aims/question, (7) questions/critical analysis, (8) connections (reflect on lesson, answer the questions of how the research
applies to you, why is it important to you, making connections between
what you know or hope to gain with what you just learned), and (9) difficulties experienced. Another thing I learned is that a research journal should be written in a paragraph format. There are some things that I'm not sure of from this research though. I am not really sure if the summary of source consulted (e.g. discussions/conference with supervisor), topic/subject headings, evaluation if the lesson is helpful on answering my research question, and plan on how to research should be included in the journal entry. It's because some resources say it should be included but some others say a different thing. Also, I am not really sure whether an entry should be written everyday including the day I don't research with the same guidelines (includes thoughts, ideas, impressions, feelings and comments towards the lesson, summary of the lesson, etc.) or just when I do my research which might not be everyday but in a routine. One thing that I am confused about is where to put my research notes. Every website says different things about where to put this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment