Friday, June 15, 2012
Internet Research and Personal Reflection on the 15th of June '12
On the 15th of June, I continued researching on the Internet about how to journal. I found out that a good research journal should be neat, organized, can be read, critical, summarize the lesson learned, integrates examples with explanations and analysis, includes objective and subjective dimensions, personal thoughts/opinion/impression/response, and not bias. I also found out that I only have a few of the skills that are needed to create a good research journal and they are: critical thinking, good English skill (understandable grammar, sentence structure, spelling, vocab, etc.), deep reflective skill, and good research skill. I am missing out two things and they are the skills on being organized, and neat. Another thing I found out is that the most compatible software for me to use for this project is MacJournal. The things that I am still not really sure about are if all of the things that should be included in a research journal should be included in each journal entry and when to write a journal entry. I have checked a sample of research journal in which its entry is written daily but doesn't include all of the things that should be included in a research journal in each journal entry and it seems that not in every entry the author did a research. From this sample of research journal I can conclude that in a research journal, you don’t have to research everyday and write with the same guidelines everyday but your thoughts about your research have to develop and be written everyday. Even so, I have to verify this conclusion to another source and I think I'm going to go ask an English teacher for help with this one. One thing that I am really confused about is where to keep my research notes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment