Today, all the 9th graders had an induction program in the chapel room. We had a few activities to help us on understanding what the AOI means, we had to fill in Appendix 4 and 5, which are files to help us determine our topic and AOI, and also we had to fill in Appendix 7, which is an activity about MLA formatting.
During the induction program today, what I understood well was about the use of SMARTEC. I understood that the topic ideas for our personal project should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, within time range, and also ethical so that we can avoid on having major issues in the middle of the project later on. Today, I also understood well on the explanation given about the inquiry cycle. I understood that when we do something intentionally, we will circle the inquiry cycle in an anti-clockwise direction (awareness and understanding, reflection, then action). However when we react upon something, we will circle the inquiry cycle in a clockwise direction (awareness and understanding, action, then reflection). From the induction program today, I got a better understanding on how MLA bibliography and citation for books and websites are done properly. I understood well on the explanation on how to correctly cite all sorts of quotes (paraphrase, direct quote, a direct quote that is started or ended with my own words) from books and websites.
What I am still unsure about though is the difference between the AOI of Community Service and Health and Social Education. Isn't increasing other people's awareness on something related to both the AOIs? Another thing I am still unsure about is when citing a quote from a resource that has an unknown author. If that happens, then should we put the publisher's name on the brackets after the quote?
At this stage, what I have no clue about is on how to exclude the first page in the counting of page numbers for the header of each page in Microsoft Word '11 for Mac.
No comments:
Post a Comment