Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Appendix 4. Topic Design Chart

Name: Jennifer Sanantha  Topic: The sixth sense Date: 8th of May 2012 



Decision to be made: To choose SMART(Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic within time frame, Ethical, Challenging)



Specific Is it clear within which context/background/AOI/problem and targeted people in this project/outcome?
Measurable can you measure the achievement of your goal through the specifications? 
Achievable Do you have an action plan to make it happen?
Realistic Is it doable?  Do you have enough skills, resources and supports?  
Time Can it be covered by 1 year? 
Ethical Does it have positive value?
Challenging Is it challenging? 
Alternative 1
The sixth sense

Advantages:


·       S: The topic is clear
·       M: I think so
·       A: Yes
·       R: The topic is doable
·       T: Yes, it is possible for me to cover this topic in 1 year
·       E: Yes
·       C: Yes. 

Disadvantages:

I’m going to have to deal with the people who have sixth sense, which can be freaky.
Alternative 2
Knowing the truth
Advantages:
·   S: Yes. The target audience will be teens. The AOI is going to be Community Service.
·   M: Yes.
·   A: Kind of. I’m not sure if the school’s counselors can help me in being a part of the resources for my research.
·   R: Maybe.
·   T: Yes.
·   E: Yes.
·   C: Yes.
Disadvantages:
If I won’t get enough support and resources, and if the final product isn’t be understandable because my grammar and sentence structure skills are really bad
Alternative 3


Creating a mathematical formula

Advantages:
·       S: Yes. The AOI will be Human Ingenuity, the outcome will be a motivation book, and my target audience will be youths/teens.
·       M: Yes
·       A: No. I don’t know how to make a book that can motivate people to be inventive. I don’t even know someone who can help me in creating the mathematical formula.
·       R: Maybe
·       T: Yes
·       E: Yes
·       C: Definitely

Disadvantages:
If I won’t get enough resources to help and support me on creating the mathematic formula, and if my book doesn’t motivate my target audience on being more inventive, as I’m really bad at playing with words.

Decision made based on alternative:
I am choosing the topic of 6th sense to increase teen’s awareness on it. I chose this topic because I am most interested to it and because it covers all the SMARTEC elements, unlike the other topics that don’t cover all of them. I am also less worried about this topic, as I know some people who can already be a part of my resources; unlike the other topics that I still am not sure about on whom to ask to for the primary resource of my research.


No comments:

Post a Comment